Trying to please other people all the time is the biggest mistake you’ll ever make – especially if you don’t owe these people ANYTHING.
I can remember so many instances in the past when I was a slave to other people’s expectations of me.
Have you ever done something, anything, against your will to please the ones you care about? And what’s worse is the fact that these people don’t even give a sh** after what you’ve done for them.
If you have ever felt that way, read on. Below are 5 ways on how to be kind to yourself. You deserve kindness from the world. But the world will never give it to you unless you be kind to yourself first.
1. Follow your life’s work. Your life’s work is the dream you have now. Nobody needs to tell you what it is because your intuition knows it.
Do you want to do something for the rest of your life but can’t because you’re scared?
Here’s good news: nobody gives a flying fuck about you. If you’re the richest man, no one cares. Are you nervous because you going to launch your huge project? Nobody cares. So if you really want to follow your life’s work, there’s no best time to do it but now.
2. Keep quiet about your accomplishments. You do not always have to tell the whole universe about your success story – and wait for their reaction. Don’t validate the awesomeness of what you’ve accomplished based on other people’s responses.
Some people are jealous. People want you to be well, but they don’t want you to be the better than them. They want to be the best.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface. Paddling hard beneath the surface.
3. Have your own definition of happiness and success. Know what keeps you motivated, and know when something sucks the life out of you.
You know you are on the right track if what you do makes you insanely happy. Does something keep you up at night? A business plan? A masterpiece? A writing job?
4. Don’t be selfish. Share your blessings. Doesn’t it feel good to be generous? It makes you fulfilled. If you share, your life becomes richer. If you keep everything for yourself, you have nothing.
5. Focus on the ones who matter. Your time is too precious to pay attention to people who suck the life out of you. Let go of poisonous people. If you focus your energies on people who inspire and make you happy, your life becomes easier. Your mind becomes clear.